Exago’s 3.6 idea management software release is a major leap forward from the previous versions. With a brand new homepage look and feel, it offers additional idea review gates and a more comprehensive evaluation process, as well as more effective communication mechanisms.
YOU’LL FIND A FRESH HOMEPAGE DESIGN
Fox’s homepage follows the most up-to-date web design trends to give users an attractive and easy-to-navigate environment. You can expect: new layout of widgets and new navigation mechanisms; more graphical and appealing design configurations; expanded and more appealing highlights’ widget for more effective communication.
NEW IDEA WORKFLOW GATES AND FUNNEL
We know that flexibility is key to our current and future customers, as their idea management processes evolve. So we keep looking for better and more effective ways to manage the idea workflow, which now also includes:
- New idea evaluation gates (review rating) in custom statuses: ideas can now be attributed to different groups for evaluation, and consideration of different evaluation dimensions (per status), which is particularly useful when specific expertise and knowledge are needed for a more comprehensive idea assessment. In addition, evaluations can be made public or private, according to the initiative’s requirements, providing greater flexibility in the process.
- New visibility permissions for submitted ideas: to ensure that ideas are aligned and relevant to the challenges, they can now first pass through a validation gate before being published and visible to all.
MORE THOROUGH EVALUATION PROCESS
To enable more complete and comprehensive evaluation, Exago’s Fox edition offers:
- Sharing of private comments between evaluators: this new feature allows evaluators to share among each other views and insights on ideas under assessment.
- New, more complete reports and dashboard: with new evaluation gates come updated reports. They now include additional content and new evaluation dimensions that bring greater detail and flexibility to platform data analysis. The dashboard now also refers to custom statuses and managers can follow the number of ideas distributed, allowing for a more complete view of the cycles’ progress.
EXTENDED COMMUNICATION OPTIONS
FOX’s release opens new communication bridges with active and potential participants, namely with:
- Fresh news page: a brand new news page, with a sleek design and great feel, now keeps all users informed and updated with relevant information related to the shared challenges and the initiative itself.
- New guest mode function for unregistered users: in response to the needs of open innovation initiatives, we have developed a more intuitive and revealing Guest Mode. Unregistered users can now experience the benefits of being part of these communities and are invited to join in.
- On-demand custom notifications: in addition to Fox’s default notification engine, you can now send custom notifications to all users or to specific groups.
To see our new idea management software edition live reach us here.
You can also get our Fox edition brochure here.
How much time do you spend thinking about your company’s problems? Probably too much, you would say. Yet, when planning and developing your collaborative innovation initiatives, the way you identify, frame and share your organisation’s challenges with your targeted community is key to your initiatives’ success.
But what are your most relevant challenges? Which topics are more common or easily embraced by your employees? And what techniques can help you both choose and define your challenges?
At Exago, we’ve decided to revisit our clients’ challenges over past years, to understand what has and hasn’t worked in the field in different realities, as well as collecting wisdom from this experience. In our most recent videocast, Exago’s senior consultant Vânia Vargues, and Francisco Bernardes, our head of Innovation Services, tell you more on what we’ve learned. Check it out!
Are you also interested in?
– Main trends and industry best practices
– Real clients’ challenges data analysis
– Lessons learnt: What works best and what doesn’t work – six common mistakes
– A step-by-step guide to defining your challenges
We can share the related in-depth paper. Just reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How exactly can Exago activate a company’s collective intelligence? Talking to WIN World, our CEO Diana Neves de Carvalho explains how Exago’s innovation management software collects ideas from the employees and stakeholders of any organisation and from outside its frontiers, focusing this community knowledge on key business challenges.
In this interview, Diana recalls where Exago has come from – a story that starts with three friends from diverse backgrounds and with a special algorithm, now US-patented. She shares some of the main successes achieved, as measured by clients’ results, and looks ahead to our main goals as a team and company.
Check out the full article here.
Your customers will always be glad to share with you insights on how to improve your product. They’re probably doing it now in some way, though irregularly and outside any structured innovation management framework.
Nevertheless, if you’re looking for specific expertise or creativity focuses, you can’t expect the answers to land on your doorstep. You need to give people some kind of incentive to think ideas through, getting them to share their best contributions. ‘Why should I participate in this programme, anyway?’ is the question potential participants will certainly ask.
Which incentives should I use?
You need to opt for both self-promotional – leaderboards, reputation enhancements and community recognition events – and material incentives – money, products and experiences. This is particularly relevant if you’re running a competition or targeting the general public or consumers.
Make sure that the company you pick to help you with initiatives takes this route, providing a detailed overall plan of programme incentives and articulating which activities should be promoted and how this happens. The template model needs to accelerate decisionmaking. These elements must create clear links between incentives and rewards, aligned with programme objectives and organisational brand values.
In addition, the chosen online platform should implement a horizontal incentive scheme that covers each stage of the open innovation process. It must also integrate gamification techniques and game elements such as points, badges, leaderboards and digital currency rewards (which participants can exchange for material prizes) for each valuable interaction with your platform.
This model allows programme managers to promote the desired behaviours of targeted stakeholders or communities. Finally, you need to be able to manage your programme easily for brand awareness, quality of proposals and quantity of interactions.
(to be continued)
Pedro da Cunha, Exago’s co-founder/ email@example.com
FROM THE START:
Open innovation and the fight for your audience
Creating and editing challenges for your innovation management initiative just became easier with our Idea Market 3.5 release. We’ve aggregated challenge configuration fields into a sleeker and better structured page, thus facilitating configuration adjustments.
Three tabs are now available on the challenge configuration page: basic settings, evaluation methods (i.e. stars, likes or investments) and advanced settings (i.e. pre-defined and optional). In more compound fields, tooltips on mouse hover now guide you through the process, keeping your goals clear.
We brought some additional features in at the challenge level as well, and we’ve made the creation process simpler and quicker for you. Among the pre-defined advanced settings available for each challenge are points for idea validation, automatic validation of ideas, different approval criteria, time needed for the crowd to evaluate ideas and other specific market configurations.
These enhancements help clients create more detailed and comprehensive challenges, to focus their people’s participation on business goals and get them to contribute more actively. They get more and better ideas over time.
Do you want to try it yourself? Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out what else is new:
Exago’s brand new 3.5 release is out, and it’s more flexible than ever