Today, we’re announcing new features and improvements on Exago Smart and Exago Open to help innovation managers perform better, while increasing process efficiency and the thoroughness of the idea evaluation stage. This set of upgrades also includes new layout, language and technical developments to improve communication with and among users.
Our goal is to provide a more appealing experience for participants and, in return, a more efficient and easier idea management process for you.
GET A MORE FLEXIBLE AND THOROUGH PROCESS MANAGEMENT
- The option of having multiple managers per challenge: Multiple managers can now validate, transition and assess ideas, thus improving the overall quality of the process and the flow of the idea management funnel. Tasks can be shared and ideas can be reviewed by different experts per challenge, gathering diverse perspectives and enhancing idea analysis as a whole.
- A new Key Tasks menu: The new menu organises all the tasks to make sure managers know exactly what needs to be done and when, in the three phases of the process – idea validation, evaluation and transition. In addition, new notifications alert reviewers of pending evaluations, while pop-up banners inform managers on their current tasks on login. This gives extra visibility to everyone’s responsibilities, ensures the process runs smoothly, reduces the chances of bottlenecks and increases programme efficiency. In the transition phase in particular, managers can now also easily identify the best-ranked ideas and compare evaluation dimensions (e. g., expected ROI vs implementation costs) for more robust decision-making.
- Improved layout and usability in the review rating system: Both the new rating system functionality and its layout enhance the process of evaluating and commenting on an idea. Bringing more flexibility to users, a new edit option also allows reviewers to go back and adjust their feedback if needed.
- A new, more complete text editor: Anyone using the platform, be it managers or users, can now easily adjust and organise all text shared with an updated, more flexible content editor.
ENSURE STRONGER AND MORE EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
- Updated platform language tone: The English, Portuguese and Spanish versions have been carefully reviewed for a more welcoming and appealing user experience.
- A mobile version with extended features: Exago mobile version now includes a news page to keep participants fully informed and aligned with the initiative, among other upgrades.
- Refreshed and shareable news page: With a new layout and more engaging navigation, you can now find the news that really interest you more easily and spread the word using the social media share option.
Watch for some exciting announcements soon!
Very recently launched in English, the Exago Start innovation software can now be used by Spanish speakers in their language. Built to empower teams to innovate, the new edition easily brings everyone on board your innovation programme, in a record time, to get them to contribute to business evolution goals.
With ready-to-go and field-tested configurations, this collaborative innovation software ensures fast engagement and results, offering guidance in every phase of your initiative.
You can try it for yourself for free, no strings attached, with a 30-day Free Trial!
Opening the way for your 2018 challenges, Exago – Beaver Release enables innovation platform managers and administrators to become master builders and determine the flow of each stage of your company’s innovation endeavour.
With simplified processes and configurations, you focus time and skills on what matters: putting together an innovation programme for effective collaboration.
5 new key features for a stronger idea management process
1. Back-office use gets more efficient
Your back-office use is simplified with:
• Easy pick and broad colour palette for customisable appearance;
• Possibility to configure multiple applications in the general back-office;
• Tag management page to facilitate configurations by object type (ideas, users, etc).
2. Customisable fields in each idea form
Sometimes a general idea description in the idea form is the best option, while in other cases, the expected impact or specific metrics may also be relevant. Exago – Beaver Release lets you choose the fields in each challenge and phase of your workflow, with an idea form that is targeted and adaptable.
3. To have or not to have prizes
Though incentives bring more engagement, you may prefer other recognition mechanisms. Our new release allows you to adjust this according to programme needs, with the option to set up internal or open initiatives without offering prizes. If you do give away prizes, you can choose to always have them visible, reminding users of what they can win for taking part in your company’s challenge.
4. Switch insights on and off
Sharing insights on each topic and challenge may not make sense for your innovation initiative in a specific moment. Platform managers and administrators can now activate and deactivate this feature whenever they see fit.
5. Extra workflow flexibility
Innovation initiatives are never the same, so workflow flexibility is a must for managers. Taking it one step further, you can now adjust your workflow and add additional states for idea analysis, voting and filtering – to easily find ideas that can be implemented with lower cost and higher impact.
Do you want to have a sneak peek of the Exago – Beaver Release? Let us know what time suits you best for your email@example.com.
We all sometimes feel the need or a resolve to explore and create new paths. At Exago, we’ll be celebrating our 1oth anniversary this year and understand it is the time for such evolution, so that we are fit to evolve with your business in the years ahead. As a result, we bring you:
• A new mission statement: we embrace the mission of making innovation come together, both by engaging everyone to collaborate and share the innovation challenge, and by delivering a powerful platform designed to find, improve and bring to life ideas with high potential for value creation.
• A new image: with our innovation management software fully conquering our core business, Exago is now the software, the people and the company. This fresh positioning has inspired a new brand and website, to introduce the best of us.
• A new product offer: after listening to our clients and market needs, we now deliver three software editions:
- EXAGO SMART gives you advanced innovation performance. Based on our US-patented prediction markets algorithm, this platform efficiently gathers your company’s collective intelligence for smarter decision-making;
- EXAGO OPEN will take your innovation programme beyond corporate walls, effectively engaging external stakeholders;
- Arriving soon is EXAGO START, a swift innovation software for those taking the first steps into building an idea management programme.
Regardless of how much changes, our goal to help all our clients succeed in their innovation programme remains the same, and just got stronger.
Exago’s 3.6 idea management software release is a major leap forward from the previous versions. With a brand new homepage look and feel, it offers additional idea review gates and a more comprehensive evaluation process, as well as more effective communication mechanisms.
YOU’LL FIND A FRESH HOMEPAGE DESIGN
Fox’s homepage follows the most up-to-date web design trends to give users an attractive and easy-to-navigate environment. You can expect: new layout of widgets and new navigation mechanisms; more graphical and appealing design configurations; expanded and more appealing highlights’ widget for more effective communication.
NEW IDEA WORKFLOW GATES AND FUNNEL
We know that flexibility is key to our current and future customers, as their idea management processes evolve. So we keep looking for better and more effective ways to manage the idea workflow, which now also includes:
- New idea evaluation gates (review rating) in custom statuses: ideas can now be attributed to different groups for evaluation, and consideration of different evaluation dimensions (per status), which is particularly useful when specific expertise and knowledge are needed for a more comprehensive idea assessment. In addition, evaluations can be made public or private, according to the initiative’s requirements, providing greater flexibility in the process.
- New visibility permissions for submitted ideas: to ensure that ideas are aligned and relevant to the challenges, they can now first pass through a validation gate before being published and visible to all.
MORE THOROUGH EVALUATION PROCESS
To enable more complete and comprehensive evaluation, Exago’s Fox edition offers:
- Sharing of private comments between evaluators: this new feature allows evaluators to share among each other views and insights on ideas under assessment.
- New, more complete reports and dashboard: with new evaluation gates come updated reports. They now include additional content and new evaluation dimensions that bring greater detail and flexibility to platform data analysis. The dashboard now also refers to custom statuses and managers can follow the number of ideas distributed, allowing for a more complete view of the cycles’ progress.
EXTENDED COMMUNICATION OPTIONS
FOX’s release opens new communication bridges with active and potential participants, namely with:
- Fresh news page: a brand new news page, with a sleek design and great feel, now keeps all users informed and updated with relevant information related to the shared challenges and the initiative itself.
- New guest mode function for unregistered users: in response to the needs of open innovation initiatives, we have developed a more intuitive and revealing Guest Mode. Unregistered users can now experience the benefits of being part of these communities and are invited to join in.
- On-demand custom notifications: in addition to Fox’s default notification engine, you can now send custom notifications to all users or to specific groups.
To see our new idea management software edition live reach us here.
You can also get our Fox edition brochure here.